Saturday, July 22, 2017

Feed Your Mind & Soul

There are many factors that affect brain function, and since all I do is talk about focusing and garnering creativity I figured I'd take a slightly different approach today and touch upon foods and supplements that actually have been proven to have a positive impact on cognition.

Green Superfood


These supplements are available at your local vitamin shop and are potent in nutrients and packed with natural plant-based energy. Skip the coffee and stir up some green juice. I have been starting my day with this particular brand called Amazing Grass Green Superfood Energy and have successfully cut out coffee from my diet. Not only does this superfood keeps you focused and alert, but its ingredients include wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, spirulina, broccoli, spinach, carrot, beet, pineapple and açai, which all contribute to your daily servings of fruits and vegetables. I highly recommend this product as an addition to your daily diet.

Ginko Biloba

This specific supplement has shown to improve blood flow to the brain and acts as an antioxidant. Some studies have found that Ginko Biloba boosts memory and cognitive speed. Also known as maidenhair, this ancient Chinese plant extract also acts as an anti-inflammitory and circulation boosting herbal qualities. Win-win situation if you ask me.

Avocado

Yes, I said it. Avocado has brain-boosting qualities. Containing both vitamin K and folate, avocado actually helps prevent blood clots in the brain which protects against stroke and also boosts cognitive function. This green powerhouse is packed with benefits (including memory and concentration). So next time you're feeling sluggish, crack that green baby open and treat yourself to some avo toast. P.S. have you heard about Avocaderia? Yep, an avocado bar, you heard me right.

Keep it brainy xx
P. S. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm always on board with having more Avocado in my diet. I never knew that aside from being part of a tasty breakfast, avocados also help with sluggishness and focus. Great post, Paulina!

    ReplyDelete