Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Slowly Drifting in NYC

My name is Paulina and I am a creative. Like many others, I came to New York City in the hopes of finding myself and my creative identity, yet over the years I have come to realize that amidst my chaotic soul searching I had ended up losing myself instead. Throughout the five years I have called this city home, I constantly find myself being pushed to figure out what sort of environment fosters my creativity, be that writing or sketching. I invite you to join me on the search for people and places that drive creative inertia.
It's 9 a.m. I'm the first one here. Bedford Street as the city awakens. My table, flanked by the coffee machine and the front window, affords me a sense of privacy, where I withdraw into my own atmosphere...The small café feels chilly. So why are the fans turning? Maybe if I stare at them long enough my mind will turn as well. It's not so easy writing about nothing. -Patti Smith, M Train
Patti Smith and I share two specific things, our conveniently literarily relevant initials P.S. (post script) and our passion for stream-of-consciousness writing. It's a beautiful thing to have the ability to exist in a current moment both mentally and physically, but with our lives moving a million miles a minute it is often difficult to find a space that fosters presence. Smith effortlessly describes her current state of being—simple and honest, yet striking. Even in her admittance of feeling uninspired, she refers to her environment to find a spark of inspiration. This blog is an homage to the daydreamers, the artists, the writers, looking for moments in a city of divine chaos. 

My head is still in the clouds, I'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground. Whenever I feel lost I always remind myself that; right here, right now, I am here and nowhere else

Let's make moments.

P. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment